Tuesday, April 12, 2011

one woman show

So I've come to realize that I have never traveled alone before. There has always been some family member beside me... or atleast waiting on the other side.
Now I wouldn't try and say that this trip is me traveling alone... I am sharing my hotel room and atleast a little time each day with heidi. However she is here with an agenda that doesn't include me. And here I am having traveled to a completely new place with no agenda at all.
I don't mind time alone so I find it... liberating. But I have come to realize that this is a novel experience for me... being in a strange place and yet. I got up when I was ready picked breakfast. Decided to work out. Went for a little walk. Sat by the pool. Had lunch by the pool... and now after making all those decisions... I still have like 4 more hours of day to plan.
I remember when I had been in California for a few weeks while Pete was still in Colorado fall of 2009 someone suggested I take myself out on a date. I did. I took myself to lunch and a movie. It felt crazy of me!!! I said I'm fine being alone but I don't do much outside of the box while alone. When Pete is away for whatever reason: the house is always super tidy, I get a ton of reading done, and we always have more money than usual. Why? Because without Pete, I am a complete homebody!!!
So here I am, totally out of my usual realm. And I have to say... its enjoyable.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment