Monday, April 4, 2011

Doing some normal stuff

I've cooked a couple times this past week. It is nice to get back to such things. Saturday, Pete broiled some chicken breasts and I made a risotto full of veggies (mushrooms, red peppers, and red onions). It was a super quick meal before sending Pete off for an extra long shift. Yesterday, we stopped in for some pizza and beer at Il Vicino after seeing Jane Eyre. I had my FAVORITE pizza on our menu, that I haven't had since October since our goat cheese isn't pasteurized. Oh, I had forgotten how delicious the food is. (Eating Italian every day especially with funky pregnancy senses and nausea... you can start to take it for granted)

It was also nice to see some of my employees. Everyone seems to be excited for me coming back. Our new manager says he gets asked very regularly. (It gave me warm fuzzies) We were sitting near the front door so I got tackled by most of them as they came in for their shifts... maybe it was a good thing I didn't stop by a couple weeks earlier, I didn't have the strength for those kind of hugs then!

Tonight, Pete and I whipped up some beef kabobs and jasmine rice. I was going to make some hummus but discovered after dumping all the ingredients into the blender that the bottom didn't get put together right after the last washing and it was full of soapy water :( Hummus will have to wait for another time. I need to do some looking around the garage tomorrow, I must still be missing some kitchen boxes because I can't seem to find all the parts to the food processor...

I didn't accomplish much besides making dinner today. Its really my goal to start spending increasingly more time getting our house in order before I return to work. I'd like things to atleast start out clean and organized as we approach a busy summer of working lots (both our jobs get a bit crazy this time of year) and playing hard with camping trips and boating!!! And speaking of cleaning: there is still the baby closet. I find myself getting more sentimental about those things as each day goes by so maybe I should pack it up and pass it on to someone quick! before I find some lame excuse to keep everything. It can't be a massive pile of everything in our house that was baby related forever.

I've done a little sewing this last few days. I finished a little tank top that turned out really cute. Also, I started on a skirt that I am not sure is going to work out... More importantly, I've recently become a "costume mistress" for Pete's Aunt Amy. She runs a dance school of 120 students and their recital this year will be the wizard of oz the first saturday of may. I have 10 yards of aqua chiffon calling my name.

Its been four weeks since life changed so dramatically for us. It still hurts... a lot. But most of the time we are getting through. I still find a lot of things overwhelming. But for the most part, the light at the end of the medical leave tunnel is shining ever brighter and I am able to concentrate on healing up so that I can get back to life as it was... or atleast as close as it will be. I have quite a few things I want to accomplish with my remaining time off but for the most part, I'm just taking it slow and trying not to get too much on my plate.

And whenever I get down on where I am at physically, or get to talking about too many plans, someone is usually around to say, "Honey, let's just remember that you almost died a month ago." Now, there is some perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment