Sunday, April 24, 2011

New rule

New rule: if my daughters lifetime was too short for you to bother learning her name then we are not close enough that you need to offer condolensces.
Following this rule will prevent me having to open cards addressed to the parents of baby girl hall and hearing people stutter as they say "oh I was so sorry to hear about.... well I don't know what you would call it."
My daughter. We called her our daughter. Her name was carter. She looked surprisingly a lot like me despite being too small and weak for more than a few hours on our earth. But she was here. She existed. She had a lifetime with us. If you missed it... its you who missed out. I should be apologizing to you. I certainly don't need you weak condolensces. Because personally you apologizing for... well whatever and reading cards addressed to the parents of baby girl hall isn't comforting to me.

Love, Lia
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

2 comments:

  1. Yah, that sucks, Lia, I'm so sorry! Very insensitive. Just remember that they were trying to be kind....just missed the mark by a ton. I think you are being really brave and I love reading your blog. I am sure you miss Carter like crazy and I pray for you a lot. Oh, and I wanted to send you a card, but I still don't have your address :)You could fb me if you want.

    ReplyDelete