Thursday, March 17, 2011

Limiting the hard tasks

There are a ton of decisions to make as a parent. Surprisingly, that number doesn't go down by much even if you are only a parent for two days. Pete and I have toughed our way through decisions we never imagined making in the past two weeks. But we've been trying to keep the number of tasks and decisions to make limited per day.
I like to think we've made some of the hardest already with the very sudden peaceful death vs. life support failing, what to do with her remains, how to memorialize her... but those came easier than expected. In fact, those are all decisions that I don't worry about regretting.
Up and coming we have the seemingly smaller things... but they don't get less emotional. We still have to pick up her remains, they should be ready any day now. We still have to go through her little closet, deciding what we keep, what we pass on, who can use the things we have, etc. There is a very good possibility we will be back at Memorial hospital sometime during our lives and I'm not psyched about that (my first postpardem visit was monday and had to be done at the hospital. I'll let you guess how many times I cried... lets just say it wasn't great even though the appointment was positive and I am healing phsycially)

Today, I would be 27 weeks pregnant. I point this out because its led me to today's hard thing: hitting unsubscribe on the various pregnancy and parenting newsletters I've been receiving in my email box so that hopefully by next Thursday, I won't have to be reminded that I should be 28 weeks pregnant.

And then I am going to sew the whole day away. I find it to be a wonderful daily task because it takes me too much focus to be able to think about much else while I am working on a project. Tomorrow I'll post the couple of projects I've been working on this week. Its also beautiful out, so i think I will sit on the patio and weakly toss the ball off the deck for Ursa for a while.
Hope everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment