Friday, March 25, 2011

Handmade in 3 hours

So, I realize rather abruptly LATE last night that my best friend's birthday is today. I'm not typically GREAT with remembering birthdays, but thank you facebook, I can usually keep track of my closest friends and family and have some warning. As of late, the formerly somewhat poor ability has gone out the window... (Three of my four nephews had birthdays this week, I GOT gifts but still haven't even gotten their addresses so I can go to post office and mail.)

Moving right along with my story though, I wake up... well, this afternoon and start talking with Pete about what we will do for said great friend's birthday. Then comes the birthday present conversation. I say, "OH! I can make her like a cute little bag or something." Pete says, "Won't that take a little while?" I confidently respond, "A couple hours maybe..."
So I get dressed and its off to the fabric store... PS, its already after 2. We wander around trying to find the perfect fabric. Pete finds it. So we gather everything we need and head out. Its now 3. We are not 5 miles down the road when friend calls and says, "Hey you should come hang out!!!" He explains that we have a couple hours of "chores" to do but would love to and will call when we are on our way.
Well, I have had a check sitting at work for 2 weeks now and we are in a spot where we needed to pick it up. So we head downtown. I get my check, we turn around and drive back towards our house on the north end of town. We make a quick stop for lunch. Its now 4:15.

So I get right to work once we get home. And apparently my sewing this past week and a half has paid off because I made good time! We were leaving for the birthday celebration by about 6:30! Now I know you are all just dying to hear the fabulous fabric choice Pete made, so here is a picture of the final product.


Uh, yeah... tootsie pops! It came out great and our friend loved it. She is trying to convince me to get on etsy. I think its possible, but am still kinda looking into it, I'd never even heard of etsy.com until a couple months ago.

Well I think tomorrow I'm headed off to help build props and make costumes for Aunt Amy's upcoming dance school's recital. (Its the wizard of oz, earlier this week I helped make tinman costumes) Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment