Wednesday, October 26, 2011

And the verdict is:

So, after five doctors appointments over the past two months, it is in process.

I will be having an abdominal myomectomy on November 14.

They will be doing a full abdominal incision, I'll be disemboweled for a second time this year, they will remove as much of the fibroid ridden tissue as they can, and then stitch me back up and I will be back to the healing process I underwent in March following my cesarean.

The idea is that, most importantly, they will be able to remove the three biggest fibroids that are 5cm, 8 cm, and 5 cm in diameter, stretching my uterus to a sizes three times the considered normal of most women. Then, hopefully I will be able to go back to living a pain free life.

There are risks of course. And benefits. And we can only hope that the benefits will far outweigh the risks.

My most entertaining moment was when the doctor said, "But, lets get back to bad news dr. K..." Atleast he knows what we call him behind his back, haha.

So, we shall see. In its worst, I will at least still be rid of the huge discomfort and pain. And that is enough to try and be excited about the process.

But let's fact it, I'm psyched about being cut open again.

No comments:

Post a Comment