Tuesday, October 18, 2011

So this is what we do....

Its been a busy few weeks here around the Hall house. We have been working, playing, working....
Oh, and I've been going to the doctor. Tomorrow will be the fourth appointment in five weeks.

This is a good thing because my pain level has... skyrocketed. A good day is a pain level of 3-4. When I finally decide to take Ibuprofin (about 4 times a week), 6-7... A couple of times, Pete has come around the corner to find me having dropped to the floor in the fetal position.

So, it was a wise wonderful coincidence that I started seeking the advise of a more specialized doctor just before this began. That was what my husband pointed out so wisely yesterday. Because when I first called for an appointment, I was mildly uncomfortable. And now look at me, having nightly dates with my heating pad.

Its been a longer and more intense process then what my original doctor had said the surgical process would entail. But I have been thankful for that because I know that this doctor's decision on where we should go from here will be based on the most information possible.

And, tomorrow is finally the official surgical consult to discuss my options, what a procedure would entail, and what happens next.

Nothing about this has been easy. Or wonderful. Or... well, it sucks all around. I hate that my life has suddenly been planned around my pain level. That multiple people in my life say on a regular basis, "You shouldn't be doing that." I hate not being able to physically exert myself.

So my wonderful other half reminds me that will end soon. That I will be better.

And so I turn my bitterness to the fact that I have to have a pretty major surgery to live a normal life. That, this surgery may only temporarily help and eventually, I'll have another surgery. That I have to plan my vacation time around medical procedures.

And then I spent some time on pinterest today. Pinterest is my latest addiction. Holy crap, I never thought I could spend hours online until I was told about this site. And I found this wall hanging of a Nelson Mandela quote:

Well thanks Mr. Mandela for a little perspective. While I may want to curl up and stay in bed, avoiding it all... that is so much less than I am capable of. So tomorrow morning, I will get up and have breakfast with Pete. I will be very quiet and contemplative, tired from having trouble sleeping. He will ask me how I feel. I will remind him how I hate doctors, am scared of another surgery and HATE this whole process even if it will make me better.

But then,
We will bundle up (because its getting to be sweater weather!!!), head out to the car and drive to the doctors office. Where we will take in all the facts and make the best decision for our family no matter how hard of a decision it is....
and we will keep on going.

But in the way of wise words, I also like this... Between figuring out my new position at work and figuring out my health issues, its definitely how I have felt the last couple of months:
So, 1, 2, 3, here we gooooo.....

No comments:

Post a Comment