Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Its all the things I don't want to talk about

So, perhaps my avoidance of actually writing a blog rather than just opening up the page are because life has been pretty full of things that I don't really want to talk about.... 

I work, but I don't want to / feel like I shouldn't talk about that.

I have a medical condition and am working with a doctor to fix it. But I have not the energy or expertise to write about reproductive endocrinology. Nor am I inclined to believe people have any interest in reading my perspective.

Carter continues to be only remains on our mantle and that hurts and has impacted life in ways we wouldn't have imagined, but I don't have the heart to put you through another one of THOSE posts.

Life still holds small moments of joy though. 

Like a week and a half ago when we went to the mountains simply to cook breakfast outside. Yes, I'll pause for a moment so you can re-read that line. 
We went up a mountain road just to have a brunch cookout and enjoy the fall color. 

Pretty autumn mountain pictures to follow. And by follow, I mean in another post, because my camera is with Pete in another state.

I went and enjoyed having a silly girl night with a friend and saw "What's your number?" Ridiculous, hilarious time. 

And this week, I've been enjoying a little time with just me and the dog as Pete is in San Diego. He got the opportunity to spend a week with the Navy SEALS in the pistol section of their weapons training program. Its a military thing, so I am sure there is some acronym I am supposed to be using to describe all this, but I don't know of it. Nor would anyone understand me if I spoke in all those acronyms... It isn't horrible having alone time but Pete and I have been going through such phases where I schedules either mesh well and we see each other all the time, or they don't at all and we will go a couple weeks without spending any real time together at all. So, its been a few weeks of having dinner together five nights ish a week, getting at least one day off together.... downright weird at times, not going to lie. But its nice. 

I had big plans to be so productive while he was gone. 
But the rocks in my belly state otherwise. So instead, a lot of time on the heating pad.
And hope that tomorrow will be better and I can at least tidy the house before he gets home on Friday...

No comments:

Post a Comment