Wednesday, July 27, 2011

...and for you... a footspa!

This line has been a long standing joke towards rewarding anyone who has done anything slightly awesome.

You see, the story goes, that while living in England, Pete and his mom used to listen to a radio programme (it was England afterall) on the way to school each morning. Each day, the hosts would ask a trivia question or hold some various contest.
Upon having a caller correctly answer the trivia, they would win a fabulous prize! A footspa!!!!

So... as I said, anytime someone has done anything awesome, we say to each other, and for you... a footspa!!

Skip forward to tonight. I was having an immature moment complaining about how we have to do everything the hard way... whine whine whine, etc.
So Peter tries his hardest to calm me down, aka shut me up. He first suggests that I sit down in my jammies and do Rosetta Stone. Great idea... except I just had an epic day at work. And I am not up for learning Spanish right this moment.
But then!!! He comes up with a most excellent idea.
He suggests I take a hot shower, paint my toenails and have a little pampering evening. Now there is a fabulous idea.
So I ran some hot water in the laundry sink with some bath salts, soaked my feet... used the manicure supplies Heidi bought me while I was in the hospital... put a mask on my face....
Ahhhhh.... it was delightful.

It is easy to get all wound up into a horrible place about all that has happened. As Peter admitted mid "cheer up Lia" session... we have been "kicked in the balls a few times."
So now, as the hospital bills loom and the car approaches 200k miles... AND needs new tires. And I spend time with my husband one night every two weeks because of how our work schedules coincide... and....
oh it doesn't matter.
Maybe we really do live some life where we have to do everything the hard way. Maybe. BUT!!!! That is probably an exageration.
And even if its not, lying down in defeat will not help anything.
So we will get up again tomorrow and do some more. Easy, hard, medium... however it comes at us.

And when it starts to feel a little too hard, there is always the footspa.

No comments:

Post a Comment