Thursday, August 11, 2011

Holy cow, two posts in one day!!!

It has been a while since I posted a food obsessed blog. 
And since I named this blog "foodie-talk" back in the day, I figured it was time. 
Tonight, I had a wonderful dinner planned. But I spaced out and started way late. So I was suddenly rushing to finish it up in time for Pete to eat before heading off to his half night shift.
It still turned out great. I was so worried the pork would turn out too tough since i rushed it (I think I set a world record for fastest fully cooked pork that was edible) but it was all great. 
The best part was the sweet potatoes. 
We made a hashbrowns type of dish with sweet potatoes instead. So awesome. Here is a... recipe ish...

2 sweet potatoes
1 apple
1/2 large onion
1 clove garlic
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp canola oil
4 tbsp butter

We used a cheese grater to grate up the sweet potatoes. Then we julienned (cut into small strips) the apple and onion and minced the garlic. We put all that in hot saute pan coated with the oil / butter mix.
Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes at a time, before flipping.

It was so delicious!!! What a great way to change up the sweet potato side dish. 
Cheers, LiA

No comments:

Post a Comment