Wednesday, June 8, 2011

something profound

...Not really.

I just feel like I should write even though I do not know what to say. Today was a productive day. I got a TON done. With it being my first day off in seven, I had quite a list of things I would like to accomplish... and I was definitely over committing by expecting myself to finish before Pete got home from work so we could do something fun.
But I still got stuff done so that was great. And as I was thinking about taking a break and I had gotten enough done when Pete called to say he was going to be working a little late and didn't know when he would be home. I powered back up and got a little more done.
Then Peter came home with GREAT news! His company... which has been in hiatus since May 1 finally got all of their re-licensing crap together and they are back in business. Better news, Pete is the FIRST guy they called. He went and got his license and is working tonight. So we did all the running around necessary to get him ready for work tonight.
That involved him needing a pair of khaki cargo pants. I ran out just 40 minutes before he needed to leave for work. And I discovered while nearly running through target... and then walmart when target didn't have anything, that Men's clothing appears to be across the aisle of the baby stuff. In general. Here I am in a rush to find some flipping cargo pants and a little baby swimsuit has me nearly hyperventilating. I left target in a huff. I talked myself into walmart with the fact that their baby stuff wouldn't be in such an obvious place, I would be able to get through the men's section without running into it. But alas, I walked past the aisle I found the khakis in, now trying to find socks and the very next aisle was formula. REALLY???
So perhaps it just so happens that I was only having a good day because I was alone. I didn't have people, babies, baby crap, any of that nonsense around.

Who cares why it was a good day. It was my first day off in a week and after Sunday being my original due date, Monday being three months since Carter's birth, Tuesday being my appointment to discuss likelihood of future children, and today being three months since Carter's death.
I deserved a good day. And I made one.

No comments:

Post a Comment