Friday, February 28, 2014

Still Alive, Still eating...

Hello, Hello!

I am writing today to re-introduce myself to a readership that has not seen a post on this blog in... a long time.

I started this blog back in 2009 to discuss my favorite subject: food! And I wrote a number of posts that were very... academic. I spent loads of time on research and finding links and listing sources... and it was good. I got a little more relaxed about how I wrote and how much energy I put into my posts as life got busier and my health declined, but I was still always here to talk about food.

When my daughter was born 15 weeks early due to pre-eclampsia and then passed away two days later, life drastically changed. I needed someplace to write, and this blog was already set up... but food was quite far from the subject matter as I grieved and recovered from such trauma.

As I recovered, I tried to approach more subject then just grief and I found myself writing about craft projects, work, and every once in a while, a new recipe.

At some point, I moved to a new blog with a less specific name (prettypracticalthings.blogspot.com) and wrote about... whatever I wanted.

But I am back! And I'm here to tell you that I back specifically to talk about food.

Here at, "The Secret Life of the Pantry," I'll be going back to my original topic and sticking to all things that nourish our bodies and souls.

Stop in here regularly for recipes, meal planning tips, our favorite beverages and hopefully some half decent photos of all of these things. I will be writing multiple posts when I can and scheduling them to release throughout the week. It feel less organic to me, but I have limited computer time these days and drafting posts in a journal allows me to be more productive and efficient with my computer time.

I look forward to whatever this blog becomes as I approach its... latest evolution. I suspect it will be casual, fun, silly... and all about life's menu.

I relish the fact that you've mustard the strength to ketchup to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment