Saturday, July 31, 2010

when salad just isn't enough.

Take a look at this gorgeous salad I made myself for dinner tonight:

romaine, spinach, bell peppers, onions, snap peas, toasted sunflower seeds in a handmade miso vinaigrette. YUMMMMMM!!!

Except! About 45 seconds after finishing mega salad, my stomach was already growling for more.
And by an hour later, I had to eat or... suffer. So I made myself a tasty chicken and cheese sandwich on.... homemade bread! That is right, it came out edible!!!

Actually, I would even go so far as to say it is good. Now I am not going to enter it in any contests or anything, because there is room for improvement, but it is a nice start. the texture is good, the crust would be excellent had I not wrapped it in plastic while it was still warm (rookie mistake, shame on me) and the flavor is nice. It needs a little more salt and maybe a little sweet. I have some perfecting to do, but right now, I just want to eat my sandwich

                                                                                                        
                                 

Oh and I guess I got a little ahead of myself last night since TODAY was actually the last day of July. No matter, I can handle one extra day without junk... or atleast that is what I am saying now... on day one....  
;)

Cheers! LiA

No comments:

Post a Comment